Sunday, December 23, 2012

First. A New Blog. Founder's Letter.

Hey,

I've been meaning to start blogging about my new data visualization pursuits, and today's the day. Data, charts, Excel, photography, art, design, music, style, cinematography, and many other things have all been interests of mine for a long time. They all make me happy. They all come together as the filter through which I see the world. They all inform my opinion of what's beautiful.


Lately, I've been focusing on the data and chart world to build up my skills and learn about this rapidly expanding space. So today, without further delay, I present:



datanator.blogspot.com


I'm not the best writer, but once in a while I can be funny. I will however, do my best to post as many interesting and worthwhile things here as I can. Who knows what this will turn out to be, who I'll meet along the way, and where we'll all be a year from now. I'm excited to get started.

Lets build a community.

-Sam

12/23/12



3 comments:

  1. Heard of Tufte? You can borrow my books if you want. Bev's jewelry was a hit with Lindsey's fam at xmas. Andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Andy,

      Yep, I checked out a few of his books from the library. He's definitely the Godfather of data visualization. Maybe I'll make it to a class of his in Boston on March 25, 26 or 27: http://www.edwardtufte.com/tufte/courses.

      If we can get a group of 10+ together it's 20% off the $380 fee (which includes all four of his books).

      Sam

      Delete
  2. http://www.edwardtufte.com/tufte/

    ReplyDelete